Vacancy - Southern Regional Manager
Civil Contractors New Zealand is seeking a new Southern Regional Manager.
- Highly autonomous role; manage your own schedule and travel
- Flexible work options
- Competitive remuneration package including vehicle
Civil Contractors New Zealand (CCNZ) is an industry association representing the interests and aspirations of more than 700 organisations – including large, medium-sized and small businesses in civil engineering, construction and general contracting. CCNZ members and associates connect New Zealand communities with essential services such as roads, clean water and internet.
CCNZ National Office is located in Wellington, with 13 regional branches across New Zealand. We are seeking an energetic and motivated Regional Manager to join our team, to be based in the South Island.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, our three Regional Managers are a key part of our leadership team and work with the Chief Executive and other staff to create value for our members through delivering the CCNZ Strategy. They provide a conduit between National Office, the CCNZ branches, individual members and the associates that make up the wider CCNZ organisation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Recruitment and induction of new members
- Maintaining regular contact with all members in the region
- Resolving member enquiries, facilitating advice and connections
- Acting as the spokesperson for CCNZ in the region
- Supporting the effective operation of CCNZ branches in the region
- Acting as the liaison between branches and national office
- Representing and advocating for the industry in discussions with local government and clients
- Working closely with and supporting the wider National Office team and regional branches
There are four branches located in the South Island (Nelson/Marlborough, Canterbury/Westland, Otago, and Southland), so frequent domestic travel will be required.
You will be a confident individual who thrives on connecting with others. Your relationship management capabilities and your ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders will put you in good stead for this role. You are also creative and forward thinking with the ability to identify and capitalise upon opportunities.
- Industry experience within construction, building or contractor management is highly desirable
- Proven experience in a membership, relationship, sales/account management, or a similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- A natural connector and collaborator with a track record of success in building and maintaining exceptional stakeholder relationships
- Strong customer service ethos
- A self-starter, driven, enthusiastic, self-motivated, able to work independently
- High level of integrity, maturity and diplomacy
- A collaborative, consultative and professional manner
- Good technological nous; computer literacy with proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Able to travel regularly
Apply now - applications will close at 5pm on Friday, 10 June 2022, and should be forwarded to Anna Lovelock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are open to applicants in all South Island regions. A position description is available from Anna on request.