The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment is consulting on the regulation of excavation, plant, mobile plant, high-risk plant, structures, working at heights and other industry-related issues under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015. Submissions close on 4 October.
CCNZ will be making a submission on behalf of members. Let us know if you have any comments on what is proposed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to contribute or for further information on the CCNZ submission.
• Should the regulations create an explicit duty to obtain current underground services information prior to excavation work commencing?
• Should the 1.5 metre threshold for notification to Worksafe be retained, amended or removed?
• Should regs similar to those in Australia apply that require a method statement and related processes to be prepared for all excavations over 1.5 meters?
• Should there be a requirement to ensure an adequate field of vision?
• Should passengers be banned unless the mobile plant is specifically designed to carry them?
• Should we have regulations similar to those in Australia apply that require a Prescribed Risk Management Process